Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Night Check In

I had a major case of the Mondays today.  Last night I had a hard time falling asleep with the threat of tornados headed my way.  It did not help that just as I was about to fall asleep the TV's emergency boardcast system went off.  It definently alerted me as I flew up in the bed to see if I needed to head to the basement.  Luckily it was not my county that needed "to seek shelter immediately".  Waking up to the rain did not help my case of the Mondays either.  I had a nice little surprise though at lunch time when the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day.  It really is silly that being Monday and bad weather can make me grumpy.   Next Monday I'm going to stare the morning in the face and tell it to bring it!

This past weekend was really good overall.  Saturday Matt and I went to my sister's and spent some time with her, my brother in law, nephew, and niece.  We had a full day of an Easter Egg Hunt, 2 trips to 2 different playgrounds, and out to dinner.  Also while my nephew napped my sister and I went for workout #1 of the 5th week of the Couch to 5k Program. As usual the workout was hard but it helped that the sun was shinning, there was a breeze, and I had my sister by my side.  Last week we registered for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure 5k that is in June. I am super excited but also a tiny bit nervous to be honest. I'll power through it though.

Yesterday I ran errands, cleaned up around the house some, did a Wii Active Sports wokout, and I went to a friend's house to watch the NCAA tournament. The Duke game was a little nerve wrecking at times but that's okay because my Blue Devils won and are going to the Final Four! Not only are they going to the Final Four but Matt and I are going to be there cheering them on!  So this weekend is going to be another weekend of eating out. My plan is to make good choices, eat smart, and to workout extra hard. 

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky you weren't in the boro. They showed the Duke game in a tiny tiny box in the corner and then the rest of the screen was a weather map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to going back to the Final Four with you this weekend! I think we can make it work while still keeping you on track towards your goal.

    ReplyDelete