Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Exploding Chicken Taquitos

So last night for dinner I made Hungry Girl's Exploding Chicken Taquitos. Since the boyfriend is out of town I figured it was a good time to try a new recipe. If it turns out awful I'm the only one that has to know. I'm not a huge cook but am trying to change that. I am always on the lookout for an easy healthy recipe. When I saw the recipes for these I knew I had to try them. Healthy, easy, and Mexican what could be better? For the recipe just go here .

Here is the mix after I refrigerated it



The final product



So I didn't add the ingredients for these to my grocery list. I figured I'm so high tech I could just open the recipe up on the web on my iphone. Well I completely overlooked the part about needing tooth picks. I had to improvise and break off the ends of plastic forks to keep the taquitos from exploding before they were baked.

I love refried beans so having them as a side was a no brainer for me. I used Old El Paso fat free refried beans (1 WW pt). I also had some Tostito Baked Scoops with it (2 WW pts). So with 2 taquitos being 4 WW pts it put me at a total for 7 pts for dinner. They turned out pretty yummy I must say. Next time I might try it with flour tortillas as I like those better than corn. I think the corn ones almost have a sweeter taste to them. These will definently be made again and next time the for me and the boyfriend.

2 comments:

  1. Jenni

    This sounded good! My boyfriend is so picky so the only "Mexican" type dish I cook is tacos :( I might have to try this on a night he is out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah those look pretty good. I might have to try those out.

    ReplyDelete