Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Night Check In

So this weekend was crazy busy but also a lot of fun. Matt and I went to the ACC basketball tournament. I enjoyed the games, quality time with Matt and his family and the best part was that Duke won the ACC championship!

Going to 6 basketball games in one weekend is pretty intense and not very conducive to eating healthy. I knew going to the games that it would be a challenge. I brought granola bars to snack on but still had to buy food and eat meals there. I ate a turkey sandwich one day and a BBQ sandwich another. I feel like I did not eat healthy as I should have but it is what it is. When I am at home and in a routine it's a lot easier to stay on track.

On Saturday I did wake up and do my first workout of week 3 of the Couch to 5k program. Matt even did it with me. He runs 3-4 times a week and can run a 5k no problem but he stayed with me and my slow pace during the workout. The workout was a lot tougher than I thought it would be but I finished it and it helped to have Matt by my side. I know the workouts are just going to get harder as the weeks go by so that is making me a little nervous but I'll power through.

I'm looking forward to things slowing down here. For the last few months there has been something going on every weekend. Either we are going out of town or people are here in town visiting. It is a lot easier to stay on track when you aren't traveling or hosting visitors.

4 comments:

  1. but you forgot to mention the murder mystery party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the ACC win! Also, keep up the great work with you Couck to 5 program. it sounds lile upi are doing really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and by the way Saturday night I went to an amazing Murder Mystery Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha-way to follow jmje's request :) and that pot pie looks good - I think u can call urself a chef. MoYoung

    ReplyDelete