Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom is pretty amazing so I decided I definitely needed to dedicate a blog to her.  What better day then Mother's Day to do so? My mom is amazing for a lot of reasons but one of the biggest reason's is because she was a single mom who juggled 3 kids, working full time, and running a household. 

One of the things that I am most proud of my mom for other than being a single mom is her weight loss journey.  After I started doing Weight Watchers in the Fall of 2009 I urged her to do the same.  She had been successful with Weight Watchers in the past and after she started to see that I was having great results she decided to join too.  Even though I was living in Boston at the time and she was in NC we supported each other through the program.  We would call each other after our weekly weigh ins to report in and we swapped tips and recipes.  When I moved to NC and feel off the wagon she kept going strong.  My mom did fabulous she lost more than 60 lbs! We had a healthy weight loss competition going until she sailed past me. At times I do not think I could have continued with my own journey if it was not for the support I have had from my mom.

So today mom I want you to know how much I love and how proud I am of you! I am so lucky to have you as my mom!

1 comment:

  1. 60 lbs is pretty impressive. Also she is good at sewing.

    ReplyDelete