So last night was pretty busy. Right after work I raced home to do my Wii Active Sports workout and then I needed to get dinner taken care of before Matt and I had to leave for the Duke basketball game.
I decided to make one of my go to easy weeknight meals Tilapia and veggies. From the Super Target I buy frozen Sea Choice tilapia. I like it because it's very affordable and individually packaged. Below are the easy steps for a quick healthy dinner.
1. In the morning move the fish from the freezer to the fridge. If you haven't planned ahead you can also thaw the fish in a bowl of water.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
3. Put about 1/2 cup of egg beaters in a bowl. You can also use an egg or a little bit of oil.
4. Put bread crumbs onto the plate.
5. Dip the fish in the egg beater and then put it on the plate and make sure the bread crumbs cover the fish.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam. Put the fish on the cookie sheet, cookie sheet into the oven.
7. Let it cook for 10 minutes and voila you have a delicious piece of fish.
The fish alone is only 100 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. If calculating the nutrition make sure to also add the egg beater and bread crumbs.
To go with the fish I just heated up a package of Green Giant Simply Steam Garden Vegetable Medley. One serving (half the box) is only 50 calories, .5 grams of fat, and 1 gram of fiber. I like to keep a mix of the Green Giant Simply Steam vegetables in the freezer. They are perfect for when you need a quick side item. I usually would add a salad or another vegetable to the meal but we were rushing out the door how it was to get to Cameron in time for the start of the game.
The whole meal is only 5 weight watcher points.
Do other people have easy go to weeknight dinners?