Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goals

My Goal

My short term goal is to lose 25 lbs by June 19th. I have 17 weeks to acheive this. That will put me at needing to lose around 1.5 lbs week. I think this is a realistic and obtainable goal.

After June 19th I'll set a new goal. My final goal will be a healthy BMI. Since I'm 5'8" then if I can get to 160lbs I would have achieved that. My final weight goal though will probably change as I get closer to it.

I plan to do a weekly Wednesday weigh in on my blog. Why Wednesday? Because that is my Weight Watchers weekly weigh in day. I weighed myself yesterday so that will be my starting point. I am not brave enough yet to put my weight up here for the world to see but I will post how much I lost that week or gained (but hopefully that won't happen!). I will also post pictures of my progress.

How I Plan to Do it

Since I have been successful with Weight Watchers in the past I'm going to do it again. I'm doing their online program that allows me to log all my food and exercise. I find that the point system works well for me. It is not eliminating any one food and it allows you to be flexible. Weight Watchers realizes that there will be times when you eat a piece of cake and allows you to build that in. It's all about give and take.

For working out I'm going to have a goal of working out 4-5 times a week. I plan to use my new EA Active Wii Sports game and also go to the gym. I have found that going to group work out classes keeps me accountable and pushes me to do a harder work out. Some of my favorites are kick boxing and cardio dance. I go to the gym at my work. Since I work at a local university that means work out classes full of a bunch of skinny peppy undergrad girls. It doesn't bother me that much though. I was once one of them and will be again! Well I won't be an undergrad again but you know what I mean.

4 comments:

  1. The sounds awesome. Maybe we can co author a blog on an awesome tasting healthy meal. Also I saw the word awesome too much. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just because you are pretty awesome. It would be awesome to co author a post. Maybe some day I'll be a awesome blogger like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slay that Bootie! I like your plan, it sounds very strong and well thought out. I totally support your efforts and also try to slay a portion of my own bootie before June 19th. Also my arms. Flabby flab. I am looking forward to hearing important techniques to apply to my own slaying goals.

    ReplyDelete