Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weekly Wednesday Weigh In

DateChangeTotalWork Outs in Week
2/24/2010-1-12
3/3/20100-14
3/10/2010-3.6-4.65
3/17/2010-1.8-6.44
3/24/20101.4-55
3/31/2010-1.8-6.85
4/7/20100.2-6.63

I'm so slack that I did not have a post in between my Weekly Weigh Ins but life has been crazy! Crazy exciting that is.  I was out of town from Saturday until yesterday at the NCAA Final Four. And my Blue Devils are the 2010 Champions...but more about that in a later post.

Since I was out of town for half of the week I expected not to loose this week. It's so hard to stay on track when every meal is out.  There was also less time to work out so I got in 3 workouts this week; 2 Couch to 5k workouts (I will have to do 4 this week now) and 1 Cardio Dance class.  I gained 0.2 lbs which is really close to maintaining so I guess that is not too terrible giving the crazy week I had.  I need to learn how to travel and stay on track, especially because in May I'm going to Boston and to Las Vegas! Does anyone have any tips to share?

6 comments:

  1. I would try to stay away from buffets in Vegas. Those usually get me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the trip was still worth it! I know I had a blast and I'm so glad you were able to come along. Now it's back to the grind, no college football or basketball for five long months...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Boston and Vegas! I love Boston the food is wonderful. Good news is that it's a great place to walk!! You might could plan in advance where you are going to eat out? Most place have websites.

    I am with jmje I've heard that vegas has lots of buffets. If you are in that situation you could limit yourself to one trip to the buffet.

    Congrats on maintaining!! I took Easter off from "dieting" I am hoping that won't bight me in the tail. It sounds like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost a ton of weight in the past with WW and at the time we ate out like 5 or 6 nights a week and when we ate in it wasn't exactly gourmet. It was like bologna sandwiches. I love eating out because restuarants offer so many options and I can have anything. And I love to eat...or else I wouldn't be fat, right? So it was a challenge. What I had to do was re-adjust my thinking. Restaurants weren't a treat for me...they were a lifestyle. So I had to eat in a restaurant the way I would eat in my house if I was cooking. I often ordered off the menu...any place can do grilled chicken or fish with a salad or veggies. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want...I found almost every restaurant to be really accomodating. I would splurge once in a while, though. I also skipped dessert and had a WW dessert when I got home. The other thing I did...when I was in Vegas especially...was I stuck to restaurants I was familiar with that had dishes I knew were WW friendly. No...eating at Outback in Vegas wasn't glamourous, but it got the job done. And I did go to the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio because...it's to die for.

    Try to reframe the way you look at eating out and that should help you. You have a great attitude and you're doing great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can stay away from the Vegas buffets ... And Sunday we can all eat healthy ... We'll have to recoup from Saturday night :) u'll be fine! And yes, congrats to ur blue devils. MoYoung

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank guys!

    Shana - that makes sense and I'm slowly starting to think that way too.

    Matt - of course it was worth it!

    MoYoung - sounds like a plan, I'll also try to fit a run in Saturday am, b/c I don't think exercise will happen on Sunday

    ReplyDelete