Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trader Joe Crab Cakes

So yesterday after work I came home and did a Core workout and a stretching/ Yoga workout both of which were recorded on the DVR from Fit TV.  For anyone that has a DVR and cable I highly recommend recording workout classes.  It's great because you get to try  new workouts from the comfort of your house and you can fast forward through the commercials. I try to keep a few on the DVR for when I need a workout and get outside or to the gym.

After working out I was tired and hungry and needed something easy and quick for dinner.  Okay who am I kidding that is how I feel every day after work and working out.  Luckily I had put some Trader Joe Crab Cakes to thaw in the refrigerator.  Their frozen Maryland Crab Cakes is one of my must buys from TJs. They are so easy to make.  All you do is let them thaw in the fridge the night before and then cook them for about 5 minutes on the stove top with some vegetable oil.  I added Alexia Olive Oil, Parmesan, and Roasted Garlic Potato Wedges and Trader Joe's mixed frozen organic vegatables for a yummy dinner.  The WW points are as follows: 1 crabcake 5 pts, 1 tsp of vegetable oil (used when cooking crab cake) 1 pt, 1 serving of potato wedges (about 8 pieces) 2 pts, frozen veggies 0 pts; for a total of 8 points.  Not bad at all to be able to eat a deliciou crab cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment