Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Night Check In

I had a fabulous weekend! It was so nice not to have my whole weekend planned out before it began.  As fun as going out of town and going to basketball games is it was good to be home.  Friday night Matt and I went to Jason's Deli for dinner, I had their Turkey Wrap (7 WW pts). The best part is you get free low fat frozen yogurt. Also they use natural foods and they list all their nutritional information online.  After dinner Matt and I watched The Hangover, which was pretty funny in a ridiculous way.

Saturday morning I was able to sleep in and Matt made me pancakes for breakfast from a Fiber One mix. They were delicious but a little thicker than the pancakes he usually makes from Bisquick.  3 Fiber One pacakes are 3 WW points while 3 Bisquick pancakes are 4.5 WW point.  I had skim milk and Aunt Jemina's butter light syrump with the pacakes (7 WW points total). Saturday I went to Duke's East Campus to do my first workout of Week 7 of the Couch to 5k workout.  All 3 workouts for Week 7 are to run 25 minutes straight with no stopping.  I ran and ran but I just couldn't finish without walking for about 2 minutes in the middle.  Since the 5k I'm running isn't until June I am going to repeat Week 6's workouts before finishing Week 7.  I want to be abe to do the 25 minutes without walking to continue.  If I can continue Week 7 I am scared I will never catch up and stay behind.  I overall feel fine about repeating Week 6. Week 1's workouts were hard for me and that was running 1 minute intervals.  I feel great that Saturday I was able to run 12 minutes without stopping.
Sunday my friend Amanda (the bride to be) and I did a brisk walk on one of the Duke Forest trails.  It's about 3 miles and very hilly.  It's a great workout and the weather could not have been more beautiful.  The trail is all gravel and by the end of it walking on the gravel was making my poor feet sore.  Going to Costco and walking all over the warehouse afterwards probably did not help the situation.  I ended the weekend by going on a double date to see Date Night.  I recommend Date Night to anyone who enjoys a good comedy and likes Tia Fey and Steve Carrell.  And I found out from our friend's after we pulled out of the parking lot that Brian Zoubeck was in the same theater as us (they saw him walking out to his car). If only I had known I could have put my hands in a Zoubeck Z and said "Zooo" to him.   For that reason alone Matt is probably glad we did not see him.

2 comments:

  1. I heart Steve Carell and Tiny Fey. So I kind of want to see this movie. But I only go to like 3 movies a year. I will think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do prefer the Bisquick pancakes, but maybe if I can figure out a way to make the Fiber One pancakes thinner they will taste just as good. Or maybe if I used a couple eggs that would help, too.

    ReplyDelete