I have had some salmon from Trader Joes in the freezer that needed to be cooked. I downloaded an application for my iPhone called SparkRecipes that is pretty much a data base of healthy recipes. I searched for salmon and found the World's Best and Easiest Salmon. What's not to like with best and easy?
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 12 ounces fresh or thawed salmon
- Combine the honey (or maple syrup), soy sauce, and garlic in a large ziploc bag.
- Shake the bag to mix it up.
- Put the salmon in for 1 hour in the fridge (flip the bag over half way through)
- Put the fish in a baking pan, pour the sauce over it, cover with foil
- Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the thickest part is flaky (mine took closer to 25 mins.)
- Makes 4 servings. 1 serving 216 calories and 7 grams of fat which equals 4 WW points.
I obviously need to register for some bake ware for my wedding since all I had to bake this in was a pie dish. I served the fish with green beans, a baked potato, and white wine. I was excited to use my new wine charms that JMJE gave me. Check her charms out at her Etsy site. She actually also gave me those wine glasses for my birthday which were much needed. We no longer drink wine from regular glasses or even worse a plastic cup.
The finished product I thought was pretty good. The soy sauce and honey balanced each other out so it wasn't too sweet or salty. Matt said I should make it again sometime so I am guessing that means he likes it. I think it would take a lot for him to not like salmon though. He could eat fish most nights of the week.