Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weekly Wednesday Weigh In

DateChangeTotalTotal From BeginingWork Outs in Week
8/25/2010-1.4-14.2-32.24
9/1/2010-0.6-14.8-32.83
9/8/20102.8-12-304
9/15/20102-14-325


I lost 2 lbs this week. I really was hoping to lose the 2.8 lbs I gained last week but I'll take 2 lbs any week. I worked out 5 times this week.  My workouts were 2 Zumba classes, a power walk/ hike, BodyCombat class, and BodyJam class.  A big win for me is when I went jean shopping over the weekend and I was able to buy a size smaller than I have been wearing. I am wearing the jeans now since it's dress down Wednesday at work. It feels great to be in a smaller size and be able to breath!  This leads me to believe that I should take measurements again since I haven't in a while.  That is on my to do list for the coming week.

Last Saturday Matt and I spent the morning volunteering at Habitat for Humanity. Matt's work is sponsoring a house.  It was a lot of fun. I spent the morning on a pump jack nailing up foam board, getting the house ready for siding.  I worked out my legs pumping that jack up to the 2nd story.  We also put soffit up on the outer ledge of the house that is also to prepare for the siding to go up next week.  I talk about this stuff like I know what it means but I really don't I just went along with what they told me to do. 

Matt and I will spend a few more Saturdays working on the house before it's scheduled to be complete in November.  The house is for a single mom and her 3 children (and a 4th one is due in the next few weeks).  I learned more about Habitat; that the familes pay for their house like anyone else but they are provided an interest free mortgage from Habitat.  Also instead of paying a down payment they are required to contribute 250 sweat equity hours.  Sweat equity hours means they are required to put a specific amount of hours into working on their home or other Habitat homes.  So on Saturday I worked along side around 6 men and women who were putting time towards their own sweat equity hours. It was a great experience and I can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. Good Job. I have worked on a Habitat House once or twice. I also went on a Mission Project once where I had to work on some houses. I did some painting and outdoor work one day and then I got put on kitchen duty later on in the week. I'm not so good at the manual labor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the loss and good luck with the Habitat House!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! That really is a terrific experience, and really it's truly a unique opportunity to give back!

    ReplyDelete