Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekly Wednesday Weigh In

 
DateChangeTotalTotal From BeginingWork Outs in Week
9/1/2010-0.6-14.8-32.83
9/8/20102.8-12-304
9/15/20102-14-325
9/22/20100-14-324


So this week I maintained. I guess that is better than gaining but not nearly good as as losing! The good news is I know why I maintained and the bad news is that I made choices that caused me to maintain. I tail gated this weekend and with that came tailgating food and drinking a few beers. I will not be repeating that every weekend for sure!

Also I have had some minor health problems come up in the last few weeks that have been stressing me out and I have always been a stress eater. It's really not an excuse because there will always be something that causes stress. I worked out 4 times this week my workouts were BodyJam, BodyCombat, and 2 hikes/ power walks. 

I am thinking of trying Bikram Yoga in the next few weeks with my friend Mrs. Acorn.  The idea of it kind of scares me though and seems intense. 90 minutes of yoga in a room that is 105 degrees? Hmm I don't know. We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. I read something in O magazine a few months back about some Bikram program where you do 60 classes in 60 days. Check out the articles...

    http://www.oprah.com/health/Paige-Williams-60-Day-Makeover

    and

    http://www.oprah.com/health/Paige-Williams-60-Day-Bikram-Yoga-Makeover

    I don't have the time to devote to this until after the holidays, but I'm thinking of trying it. I think you should try the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a pretty good job to maintain in spite of all the dining out and general stress of the week. Hopefully you can take it easier this week.

    Also, sitting in 100 degree heat sounds like something that's much more up my alley than yours. It wouldn't be that much worse than what I used to keep the house at before we met :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know there was more that one bikram yoga, must be a chain. Some of my friends did it and they loved it. They said it was so much easier to do poses and get flexible in the heat. Just make sure you drink a ton of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated bikram yoga! It did make me want to try a regular yoga class, though. Which I found only kind of okay. I don't think I'm a yoga person, unfortunately. :-/

    I am actually currently hoping for a maintain this week! I did very poorly the few couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bikram yoga scares me greatly. So does being hot. Also gym classes in general scare me. I'm more of a elliptical machine/treadmill in the corner girl. But I would be interested in hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete