Friday, August 6, 2010

TGIF - 2010 OIB Olympics Weekend

The work week is finally coming to an end. And for me it will come 4 hours earlier than usual.  That's because I'm taking a half day to head down to the beach.  The Jellisen's kindly invited BAJJ plus their husband/ fiance/ boyfriend to come alone for the weekend.

Last summer's trip included the 1st Annual OIB Olympics. The Bull City Bombers took on the Greensboro Team (I can't remember their name) in some heated matches of bocce ball, ladder ball, corn hole, and flip cup.  Things got a little intense at times.  It didn't help that we had a few people who got very competitive.  I won't name any names but they know who they are.  No surprise in that my team The Bull City Bombers won the Olympics with a tie breaker game of Flip Cup.

This year we are playing on teams of couples the Acorns, Jellisens, McRosens, and Team Ernie will be competing against each other.  This years competition is promised to be more light hearted and fun vs. competitive.  There will be team uniforms involved and a prize for the winners.    If for some reason we need an unbiased judge then we  have MoYoung ready and on call.  Sure she's in Vegas but we can talk to her and send photo evidence to her if need be. I'm really hoping that this year's celebrity guest Hobie has a routine ready to wow us for the opening ceremonies of the game.


Last year during OIB Beach Olympics Team Greensboro has a meeting before the games begin.

6 comments:

  1. Woot. My uniform is still drying. Hope it makes it. RARRRRR go team Jellisen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise this year there will be less punching of support beams and more positive expressions of emotion. McRosens all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will also try to make my hair look less crappy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your happy was beautiful last year just beautiful. But you will probably feel better about yourself when Team McRosen beats you if you like your hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your hair was actually beautiful last year and if I'm sure your "happy" was too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, whoever wins will be the most beautiful ... no pressure y'all. And secondly, please please take pix of Hobie's opening ceremony routine!! I'm sure it will be a FUN filled weekend - good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete