Friday, December 17, 2010

It's the Holiday Season...



I have not been able to get this song out of my head recently. At least people haven't been dressed up in gold costumes in my head.  I love this time of the year. Christmas is my favorite holiday! This week has been full of celebrating too.  Starting Tuesday I was suppose to have 5 holiday parties in a 6 day period. 

Tuesday started with my work department's holiday lunch at PF Changs. I thought this would be no problem I love their steamed shrimp dumplings and egg drop soup and it's very doable with Weight Watchers.  What I didn't know is that everything had been ordered for us ahead of time. They brought out tons of food for us. Appetizers and tons of entrees.  Luckily shrimp dumplings was one of the appetizers so I tried to get full on those.  When the entrees came I just had a little bit of a few of them.  I figured portion control was the way to go.

Yesterday was suppose to be my bigger work party but it was canceled because of the snow/ icy weather.  Work wasn't canceled though just the fun part of the day. Oh well the party has been postponed for January 5.  Too bad that is one of my department's busiest day of the year because of a deadline.

Tonight is Matt's unofficial work party which means one of his friends is just using it as an excuse to throw a  party, but not just any kind of party it's an Ugly Christmas Sweater party.  I have a sweater with a sparkly poinsetta on it just waiting to be worn tonight.

Tomorrow will my sister's in law's holiday open house.  My sister's mother in law is a good cook so I know there will be something good to eat there.  The best part is her recipes are usually healthy. Double win!  Sunday closes out the holiday parties with my Grandfather's side of the family "Smith family Christmas".  This party will be full of finger foods, relatives I don't see often, and a pretty vicious came of Pollyanna!

My plan to combat against 4 parties in 6 days is portion control, making good choices, and lots of exercise.  I also will make sure to eat something healthy before most of them so I'm not showing up starving. 

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of parties...good thing is after the New Year you will have almost two months before the next big holiday!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for being this prepared. I'm scared for the holidays. I have a friend coming to stay and our past-time is quite literally eating...sigh...where are my fat pants again?

    ReplyDelete