Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Weigh In

DateChangeTotalWork Outs in Week
5/19/20100-11.44
5/26/2010-1.2-12.64
6/2/20100.4-12.26
6/9/2010-1.2-13.43

It's pretty amazing that I lost 1.2 lbs this week with the combination of being at the beach, only getting 3 workouts in, and celebrating my engagement. I will take the loss though and run with it.  My workouts were 2 runs and 1 Zumba class. Turns out I probably should have skipped the Zumba class last night. I have had a cold that was causing my asthma to act up some but I was feeling better yesterday. Well I think working out really flared up my asthma. I was up all night last night hacking my lungs out. Cute I know right?  This morning I went to the doctor and she thinks I have bronchitis.  She gave me a prescription and told me to rest with no working out.

I looked at her and was like well I have been training for a 5k and it's this Saturday. She kind of laughed and said that would be pushing it. I am hoping though if I rest until then I will be fine to run. I have to run this 5k on Saturday! Cross your fingers for a speedy recovery for me. I coincidentally have a physical schedule for Friday so we'll see what she says then, but I didn't work this hard to watch everyone else run the 5k!

My friend Amanda's wedding is only 1 1/2 weeks away.  It's obivious that I won't make my goal of 25 lbs unless I get drastically ill this week and don't eat at all. Lets not hope for that! I am glad that I have lost 13 lbs but I know I need to step it up a notch.  I feel like I have a good grasp on working out but I need to get better at eating, especially when traveling and eating out. My traveling is finally slowing down so that will help, but in reality there will always be a reason why it will be hard to eat healthy. My own wedding now will help motivate me in becoming a smaller healthier me!

7 comments:

  1. Oh no jenni! Get well soon!!! Just look at ur bling ring and it will make everything better ... Okay, maybe not really BUT I guarantee u'll smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the flu a week before my half marathon and it sucked. My advice is stay in bed and rest as much as you can. Drink a lot of fluids and if you still feel crappy on race day, take it easy. You can always run another race in a few weeks. It's not worth getting sicker.

    Good luck! And for the food thing...it will all come in time. You are doing great so far. Just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you like zumba?

    congrats on getting engaged!! that is awesome

    gingerislosingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed that you are feeling better and able to race come Saturday morning. Congrats on your weight loss for the week! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Ginger Zumba is great! It really keeps you moving and is a great workout. I actually look forward to going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weightloss and the engagement!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Travelling is definitely hard on the food intake but you seem to be doing pretty well with it based on all the travel you have been doing this summer.

    ReplyDelete